Here we compare the features of two popular nitrogen cryotherapy chambers: the Cryo°Cabin™, made in Finland by Cryotech Nordic, and the TITAN™ Cryo cabin, from the United States. Both cryotherapy chambers offer thermal imaging options to ensure the safety of the client and high quality remote WiFi operating systems. The Cryo°Cabin offers its features in different size chambers to suit an individual’s stature. The TITAN™ Cryo Cabin offers several chamber options that allow for large and tall persons, such as professional football players to use the chamber in comfort. Below are some of the features that each provides to its users. Both are liquid nitrogen based, both have electric lifts, and both claim to be the safest.
First Up: Finland
The Cryo°Cabin™ offers a low usage of nitrogen paired with a steady ability to treat many clients in a day. It has a sturdy build and state of the art technology for safety. Perfect for the gym, spa or medical facility, the Cryo°Cabin is a cryotherapy chamber that is efficient and strong with smooth Scandinavian design.
- Wireless-Remote diagnostics and support, 24″ HD operators touchscreen,12″ HD info display for user
- Patented Tech-Active Vortex Circulation™ cooling safely yet effectively
- Low Consumption-Precise flow control system
- Scandinavian Quality- Industrial grade components with exceptional materials
- Effortless-Smart software providing a fully automated process
- Intelligent Safety- Active sensors monitoring and detecting in real-time
- Thermal imaging camera & head sensor
- Industrial grade automatic electric lift
- Patented gas circulation for liquid Nitrogen or Air – consumes 1L per minute
- De-icing feature guarantees your unit will not freeze when you need it most
The Titan Cryo Cabin
TITAN™ Cryo Cabin features multiple safety features and electronic monitoring of the system remotely. It caters to sports teams that need cryotherapy chambers that work for large build athletes. TITAN serves up modern design and a look that fits any gym, spa or athletic facility.
- Fully Automated Session Controls with remote diagnostics and a 19′′ HD touchscreen Control Panel
- Regulated Intake Controls with a balanced Cabin Temperature
- Ultrasonic Head Sensor with Auto Stop
- Redundant Safety Shut-Off Switches
- 1.3L per minute (session average: 6.0L)
- TITAN has a height 96′′ which allows for client height up to 6’8′′ and 400lbs
- Thermal imaging camera with 10′′ display
- Fully Enclosed Electric lift
- Easy-open door- and a dual emergency shut off for client and tech
- Ultrasonic head sensor
Electric Lifts In Common
Both cabins use electric lift platforms that adjust to account for the height of the client. These systems have one drawback: they break. Fixing a broken lift platform requires a dismantling of the cabin and a waiting period for parts. Finland’s system requires international shipping for any broken lifts. Advanced systems, such as Cryo Innovations XR Cryochamber use non-mechanical lifts that cannot break: sturdy pads that are stackable for the client to stand on. Sometimes simple is better, especially when a spa has to cancel appointments due to a broken lift.
Titan’s sales team quoted this writer with a price of $65,600. Cryo°Cabin quoted $39,000 for their Standard model, with $1,300 shipping.
Contacting the Manufacturer – Easy or Not?
Cryotech in Finland has one drawback: they are in Finland, which is 7 hours ahead of New York, and 10 hours ahead of California. Their website does not list a phone number of anyone to call, not even a service center. Upon filling out the webform to ask how to buy a chamber Cryotech took two days to respond with an email stating that their sales team would respond in a day. They do have suppliers and resellers of their products in the United States; however, those distributors also have to contact Finland in the event there is a problem. Geographically Finland’s closest neighbors are Russia and Estonia, and while Finland is politically distinct from both the shipping distances from Finland and Russia are similar.
Titan Cryo was easier to reach, although contacting them through the phone number listed on their website led to Google Voice. This resulted in a low-quality call and concerns for the stability of the business. In a spirit of fairness we called this number 3 different times from different numbers throughout the work week. All calls resulted in call-forwarding through Google Voice to personal cell phone or laptop. Most professional cryotherapy companies, spas, and gyms invest in normal phone services.
A Misleading Safety Claim
Upon investigation both the Cryo°Cabin™ and Titan failed in our comparison for a significant reason: their websites both claim that the cabins are in some way certified by Underwriter Laboratories, the global safety certification organization. Titan’s website claims that their Cryo Cabin™ is the “only Cryo Cabin in the world tested and certified to UL standards,” and touts their cabin as having “The most experience and safety.” Cryotech Nordic Cryo°Cabin’s™ website claims that it is “100% CE/UL certified.” While both cabins appear safe these statements are concerning as they purport to assure the user of an additional layer of safety that is only available in their product.
UL has not certified either cabin, only the electronic components purchased by the companies to use in the cabin (e.g., electrical box). This is not special: all electronic components in all consumer machines must be certified by UL to be sold in the United States.
CryoTech Nordic: Unavailable
Titan Cryo via Google Voice: +1(214) 814-0848