There have been several cryotherapy accidents, which is why modern cryotherapy machines prioritize safety features. Perhaps the most shocking incident was that of a salon worker who froze to death in a machine. She has recently praised cryotherapy, and her body was found 10 hours later.1
Top Cryotherapy Machines With a Thermal Imaging Camera
A thermal imaging camera helps you monitor the skin temperatures of the clients. Thus, if the temperatures drop below the recommended level, you can stop the session immediately.
Here are the top 3 cryotherapy machines with a thermal imaging camera feature.
The Cryopod is a highly innovative single-user unit. Instead of cooling the client with direct nitrogen vapor, this machine uses super-cooled air. Some of its most prominent features include;
- An emergency stop button that allows you to stop the flow of cold air into the chamber.
- Wifi connectivity
- Display screens with real-time client data that allows you to monitor your client’s condition.
This cryotherapy machine comes in 17 different colors, but the manufacturer can create a customized machine to suit your end requirements.
The Cryo Cabin is one of the most efficient cryotherapy machines on the market. Consequently, it only consumes 1L of liquid nitrogen per minute and can handle up to 100 sessions every day. Some of its features include;
- An efficient flow system that significantly reduces the amount of liquid nitrogen used per session.
- Smart software integration that automates most processes.
- Remote diagnostics feature.
- Real-time active sensors.
This cryotherapy machine also has a de-freezing feature that ensures the unit is ready every time you need it and comes with a 3-year warranty.
XR Cryo Innovations
The XR Cryo Innovations is perhaps one of the safest machines in the market, which is why it’s preferred for sports recovery. The manufacturer has invested in a variety of safety features, including;
- A fingerprint authorization feature that needs the prints on an operator and a user before you can start operating it.
- Operators have to be present during cryo sessions for enhanced client safety.
- The door has a proximity sensor that shuts down the valves once it’s open.
- A pulse oxygen sensor that helps you monitor your client’s vitals.
- Emergency shutdown button.
This cryotherapy machine has a built-in billing solution that allows you to conveniently send out invoices. It also has a multi-location management feature if you have a cryotherapy business franchise and a financing option if you’re just starting out.
Are Thermal Imaging Cameras the Future of Cryotherapy Machines?
The cryotherapy industry is expected to be worth a whopping $8.4 billion by 2028.2 This consistent growth can be attributed to the enhanced safety of cryotherapy machines. The above units have a thermal imaging camera that allows you to monitor the client’s skin temperatures, making it easy to stop sessions in case of emergencies.
Links to Sources Used
- Salon worker praised cryotherapy — then ‘froze to death’ during treatment – https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/26/salon-worker-praised-cryotherapy-then-froze-to-death-during-treatment/
- Cryotherapy Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report – https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cryotherapy-market